The Chartered Body Alliance have developed their first joint qualification, the Certificate in Climate Risk, to support finance and risk professionals globally to develop their expertise in climate risk.
Managing climate-related risks and supporting the transition to a low-carbon world are amongst our most significant global challenges. The COP26 Private Finance Strategy objective states that every financial decision should include climate change to help combat the ongoing climate crisis and build a more sustainable world.
The new single-unit certificate, which was jointly developed by the CII, the Chartered Bankers Institute and the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments, covers broader environmental and sustainability/environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and allows learners to successfully apply these within the context of their organisation.
To mark the upcoming launch of the certificate, members of the syllabus panel and the CEOs from each of the Chartered bodies hosted a webinar. Topics covered included:
- The nature of climate risk.
- Approaches to identifying, managing and disclosing climate risk.
- Developing and sustaining cultures to support effective climate risk management.
- Building climate risk knowledge and skills.
- The opportunities for finance from the race to net zero and transition to a more sustainable world.
Members can watch the on-demand version of the webinar here: https://vimeo.com/561715417
If you would like us to send you more information on the certificate when it is available, register your details here: https://bit.ly/2VHnlgA