How insurers should prepare for surge events by identifying seasonal patterns of activity is covered in the latest Society of Claims Professionals good practice guide.
As the profession faces a surge in claims as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the Society published the guide, which details how insurers should establish a 'surge group' to be adequately prepared for surge events and maintain service.
The guide details six activities that must be actioned when handling a dramatic increase in claims activity
- Use predictive data wisely.
- Manage staff levels appropriately.
- Get in the mindset of the customer.
- Identify at-risk customers.
- Provide accessible and consistent information.
- Follow-up with post-surge service.
â For more information and to read the full guide, visit: www.socp.org.uk/91218