The CII has announced that it has partnered with Aon and Willis Towers Watson to develop a guide that outlines ways to develop a diverse and inclusive working environment for people who rate at the higher end of the autism spectrum.
The guide identifies that almost 80% of adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) are unemployed or underemployed and provides advice for employers on how to unlock thetalent found within this group.
Furthermore, the guide provides tips on how to recruit, manage and continue to support adults with ASD, in a way that removes typical barriers to success and allows them to achieve their full potential.
- Avoiding idioms that require interpretation, such as 'ballpark figure'
- Do not use hypothetical or abstract questions
- Recognising that body language does not always resemble conventional social norms
- Enabling ability to work close to familiar and understanding colleagues
- Relaxed obligations to social commitments.
â To read the full report, visit: cii.co.uk/91481