West Midlands insurance and financial services professionals gathered to celebrate their achievements in September West Midlands insurance and financial services professionals gathered to celebrate their achievements in September at the 2018 West Midlands Insurance Institutes Awards.
Guests filled Marco Pierre White's restaurant at The Cube in Birmingham for the prestigious event, hosted by the institutes of the west Midlands -- Birmingham, Coventry, Shropshire & Mid Wales, Stoke on Trent and Stratford upon Avon -- with support from the Birmingham Personal Finance Society.
Awards were presented to those companies demonstrating excellence in professionalism, reputation and ethical practice across eight specific disciplines.
Guest speaker was Dave Watson, the former Scots Guard, who captivated guests with the story of how he lost both legs and an arm in Afghanistan in 2010 but is now competing in the Invictus Games
The 2018 winners were:
- Broker of the Year: Norton Insurance Brokers
- Financial Planner of the Year: Matrix Capital
- Training Initiative of the Year: JLT Specialty
- Claims Initiative/Service Provider of the Year: Sparta (Insurance Services Group)
- Insurer/Underwriter of the Year: Allianz
- Community Award: DWF
- Local Merit Award: Philip Haden, Prosperity Wealth
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Frank Corrigan, Corrigan's Insurance & Financial Services