The Gender Inclusion Network (GIN) for Insurance was launched this summer, with a panel debate and networking event at Bloomberg.
The Network -- a collaboration between Zurich, Aon, Chubb, RSA, Travelers and the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) -- aims to bring each 'gender network' together for the first time to form a cross-industry panel, which aims to be a catalyst for change across the whole industry -- turning words into action.
Members from each network will meet regularly to share best practise, organise joint events and generally push the industry to modernise. GIN believes that working together will afford it much more leverage to impact the industry rather than working in isolation. The GIN launch included a panel debate on how to create a competitive edge in a disruptive business era, exploring themes of technology, innovation, culture and gender diversity. The panel comprised:
- Sian Fisher (CEO of the CII) -- Moderator
- Vibhu Sharma (UK general insurance CEO, Zurich)
- Jayne-Anne Gadhia (CEO of Virgin Money)
- Inga Beale (CEO of Lloyd's)
- Robert Friend (global product manager, Bloomberg)
- Emma Bartolo (UK and Ireland environmental manager, Chubb)
In total, there were 150 attendees from across the industry at the launch event.